The following health benefits and physiological changes start to happen to your body as soon as you break the smoking habit, as verified by the American Cancer Society:
- After 20 minutes: Blood pressure, body temperature, and pulse rate drop to normal.
- After 8 hours: “Smoker's breath” disappears, carbon monoxide level in blood drops, oxygen level rises to normal.
- After 24 hours: The chance of a heart attack decreases.
- After 3 days: Breathing is easier.
- After 2-3 months: Circulation improves, walking becomes easier, lung capacity increases by up to 30 percent.
- After 1-9 months: Sinus congestion and shortness of breath decrease, cilia that sweep debris from the lungs grow back, energy increases.
- After 5 years: Lung cancer death rate for the pack-a-day smoker decreases by almost half; risk of stroke reduces; risk of mouth, throat, and esophageal cancer reduces by half.
- After 10 years: Lung cancer death rate becomes similar to that of a person who has never smoked; pre-cancerous cells have been replaced.
- After 15 years: Risk of coronary heart disease is the same as that of a person who has never smoked.
If you smoke, or someone you know and love smokes, call today so that they can quit smoking forever and these benefits can begin right away!
ABSOLUTELY SMOKE FREE—1 HOUR!